Thursday, May 11, 2017

Enfilade 2017 E-Postcards


For the past couple of weeks I've been trolling through the pictures I tool during last year's Enfilade! for inspiration to promote this year's convention.

While I took over 750 pictures, I kept coming back to one Gene Anderson's kid-friendly "Games for Young Warriors."

The led photo lent itself to a humorous "Wish You Were Here (Sharing the Misery and Danger)" post card-style image.

And oddly enough, one of my favorite images of last year's Enfilade is this one of a handful of Foreign Legionnaires making a last stand against the horde of Arabs.


It seems like every game game session I've participated in, at least one player will reference a movie or TV show quote, or character catchphrase. 

Since gaming and movie quotes often fit well together in a "peanut butter and jelly" sort of way, the Legionnaire's last stand seemed like a natural for Oliver Hardy's catchphrase rebuke to Stan Laurel.

(Image of Laurel and Hardy in Beau Hunks)
Laurel and Hardy's heyday was actually before my time.  (Really, I'm not THAT old).

However, growing up in the pre-VCR Era, there was no On-Demand, or Netflix.  Outside the three networks' prime time viewing slot, the movies and TV shows my siblings, friends and I watched were at least 10 years old.  Most were a lot older.

So I'm well acquainted with not only Laurel and Hardy, but Abbott and Costello, the Marx Brothers, The Three StoogesThe Little Rascals (Our Gang)--and since I was raised in Upstate New York--The Bowery Boys.   

I'll keep trolling the internet for some classic comedy gems to steal incorporate to my own repertoire.

No comments: