Sunday, July 22, 2012

PNWA 2012 Writers Conference: Characters in Motion


No, I wasn't at a Star Wars convention, but something even better:  PNWA's 2012 Writers Conference. 

This year's theme was:  Characters in Motion.  Even though I hijacked the Star Wars mural, I thought it would be an appropriate introductory image, since I write so much about Star Wars gaming.

I learned a lot and even got--not one--but two--homework assignments from Christina Katz, our Sunday Morning Keynote speaker.

In the upcoming weeks, I'll post about my misadventures and about each of the workshops I attended.  There's a lot to sift through, so please be patient. 

The PNWA staff did a top-notch job coordinating this convention and deserve high praises from all the attendees.  So I was able to enjoy myself, despite the mild migraine attack on Friday and the dead battery in my Jeep on Saturday. 

The Jeep needed an emergency battery transplant at a local Les Schwab shop, which made me two hours late.  I missed the first workshop I wanted to attend and the initial 20 minutes of the second workshop. 

Once I sat down, instead of taking notes, I scribbled a page-long rant about my ordeal, which made me feel better afterwards.

Now I see why some (all?) writers say:  Writing is cheaper than therapy. 

3 comments:

Tara Sheets said...

Ted! So sorry about the ordeal with your car. Even though you missed some things as a result, I'm glad you were able to get it fixed and get back to the conference! It was wonderful to see you and I hope you were inspired to keep writing :) Love the Star Wars mural!

Melanie Rose said...

I was so sad to have to miss the conference this year. I'll be watching for your posts to keep track of what I missed. Cheers!

Ted Henkle said...

Thank you Tara! It was great seeing you too! Yes indeed, I'm chomping at the bit to get back to writing.

Melanie: I'm sorry you didn't make it this year. I was hoping to see you. Congratulations on getting your book published!