Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day Festivities

(Image from:  Aces Flying High)

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I met my friend Joe and his daughter at Tacoma Freedom Fair, which is held on the picturesque Ruston Way.  We were just in time for the afternoon airshow, which consisted of a couple of acrobatic demonstrations, and fly-by demonstrations by an F-18, C-17 and F-22 (pictured above with a P-51).

The weather along the waterfront was warm and clear--a perfect day for an Independence Day celebration.  My girlfriend and I left after the airshow to attend a family barbeque, while Joe had "staked a claim" earlier in the day and was planning on watching the evening fireworks.

Here's a photo my friend Joe just posted on line:


I hope everyone else had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.

No comments: