Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tussle at Bordj Toum Bridge--YouTube Movie #26

(Image from the movie:  Sahara)
 
 Several months ago, I volunteered to host 3 games in the midst of our annual Enfilade convention.  This was almost a case of biting off more than I could chew, but I must admit I had an ulterior motive.  I wanted to get hands-on experience playing Blitzkrieg Commander, Cold War Commander and Future War Commander
 
For the most part, I liked all three rules, even though they're more on the "gamey side," as opposed to being more detailed war simulations.  The oddest part about all three rule sets, was granting command elements immunity from direct fire.  I wrote a set of alternate rules to amend this, but I haven't play tested them, so this will be a topic for a future post. 
 
Gamemastering at my first convention was an intense, yet rewarding experience.  I had to remain completely focused in order to keep the action going and to answer any questions the players had.  So I didn't have time to take my usual plethora of pictures for my standard length videos.  I did manage, though, to compile enough material for three shorter movies. 
 
The first, Tussle at Bordj Toum Bridge is a three-minute film of the first session I hosted.  I chose a North African battle, which was inspired by an Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) scenario, because I wanted to minimize the terrain changes for the subsequent games I was going to run.  The figures and material used in this game are from my own micro armor and 1/285th-scale buildings and terrain collection.
 
Now that Tussle has been posted, I'll start working the the next two.
 
By the way, some of you may have notice I changed the numbers on a few of the earlier films.  When I uploaded Tussle on to my YouTube Channel, I discovered I miscounted and needed to correct the error.  Also, I couldn't find any pictures, real for from ASL to use as a lede image.  So hijacked a photo from the Humphrey Bogart movie Sahara
 
 
 

No comments: