Monday, November 26, 2012

Movie Review: Skyfall

 
I haven't done posted a movie review in a long time--because--I haven't seen any movies lately. 
 
While I missed The Avengers and a few other good movies this year, I wasn't about to miss the latest Bond film, Skyfall.
 
My girlfriend and I saw it last night and both of us loved it.  I like Daniel Craig's portrayal of 007, even as good as the original--Sean Connery.  I know I'm talking heresy here, but what I like about Craig's demeanor is that he truly carries himself as one of Her Majesty's assassins.
 
The movie as a whole is enjoyable, with homages to past Bond films.  The ending is rather different than escaping the evil mastermind's lair, with a Bond Girl in tow, as the self destruct mechanism counts down to zero.  I liked this movie even more because it deviated from the standard Bond-trope finale.
 
I certainly give this movie a 5-star/A rating.
 
 
Here's what our local movie critic, Brian the Movie Guy had to say about Bond Movie #23. 
 
A few months ago, I stumbled across gamer-girl Raychul.  Here's her spoiler-leaden video review of Skyfall.  This is actually the first of a two-parter.  Part II is a Best of Bond.  Although, I certainly fall in line with most guys who rate Roger Moore as one of the worst of the Bonds.
 

No comments: