Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Shot Heard 'Round the World" Day


Today commemorates the 236th anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord.  Time to break out your Revolutionary War figures and boardgames!

A synopsis of events from British Battles:


While Wikipedia has a decent summary as well:


I currently have the following games in my collection:

1776, 1777-Year of the Hangman, Washington's War and Guilford's Courthouse. While I don't own any miniature figures, I do have the rules British Grenadier and the first 3 scenario supplements. 

What "revolutionary" games are on shelf?

Comments from Patriots and Loyalists welcome.

2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

We game this period every now and again in 28mm, I like the period a lot and as an Irishman I am a Patriot.

Ted Henkle said...

I do too. While I love Napoleonics, I often find gaming battles in the AWI can be more managable than Napoleonics.