Monday, April 25, 2011

Local Movie Critic Online


I've been a fan of Star 101.5 ever since I moved here.


As the weekend approaches, one of the station's guests stars is Brian the Movie Guy.  I enjoy listening to his glib and snappy assessment of the movies that are about to open.  His opinions on what makes a a good film, resonate among typical movie-goers, as oppossed to the artsy/film school graduate crowd.

Writers and wargamers alike, enjoy going to the movies, for both entertainment and to spark their imaginations for their own projects.  And no one wants to waste their time or money on a bad film.  Brian uses the school-letter grading system to rate each movie and since I've been listening, I've heard every rating from A to F. 

While I may not agree exactly with every film critique, I nearly always find his ratings to be within the ballpark of my own.  More often than not, I end up missing his times on the air, but a couple of days ago I stumbled across his blog.  I've attached a permanent link, which can be found under the Entertainment Section of the right-hand tool bar:


Thanks Brian!

No comments: