Friday, June 5, 2020

Pass in Review: Astra Militarum's Temestus Scions

(Image found on Comic Vine)
The bulk of my Warhammer 40,000 (WH40K) collection consists of the rank-in-file Astra Militarum.

However, I do have one squad of Tempestus Scions, from the Militarum Tempestus, available for special missions.

In honor of my assignment to the  82nd Airborne Division in the late '80s, I'll call this unit 2nd Squad, 3rd Platoon of the 504th Stormtrooper Company, (inspired by the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment).

Introducing my squad from the 504th Stormtrooper Company (CO) from somewhere on the Sector Fronteris...


...an Imperial Valkyrie lands...

...the ramp lowers...


...a squad of Tempestus Scions debark...


...spread out...

...and secure a vital facility in the name of the Emperor of Mankind.


I purchased these painted figures from Peter Wort, the proprietor of Peter’s Games and Things.  

They’re suitable for use as a Kill Team, or as part of a task force in a typical WH40K battle, or maybe even an apocalyptic-level conflagration.

What follows is a look at each individual Scion:

Scion with flamer.

Scion with plasma gun.

Scion with power fist and hot-shot laspistol.

Scion with hot-shot lasgun.


Scion with hot-shot laspistol and medi-pack.

Scion with hot-shot laspistol and vox-caster.

Scion with power sword and bolt pistol.

Scion with chainsword and hot-shot laspistol.

The Tempestor Prime.
The Tempestus Squad's standard bearer.

Next, I plan on introducing my Astra Militarum mechanized infantry unit.

2 comments:

commissarmoody said...

Hey, I served with the White Devil's in Charlie company. Of course a little bit after you from 2004-2008.
Small world.

tim said...

Nice! I mostly have rank and file Guard as well... but I did pick up a few Scions and... have so far only assembled them.