Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back on Track with Chapter 4


For the past week, I've been working on reconstructing Chapter 4.  I'm happy to report that not only do I have nearly 20 pages (out of 37, so far) completed, but I discovered a minor plot hole in the rewriting process.

I was hoping to finish this chapter today and have it posted by the end of the month.  But instead I worked on polishing up the current adventure our heroes are involved in for a game session this coming Saturday.  So this is a good delay, especially since our heroes are in the middle of a hot pursuit that needs to be resolved.

I appreciate everyone's interest in my previous post.  Initially I debated whether to write such a post in the first place.  My intention wasn't to whine about my ill fortune. 

Okay, maybe venting my frustration had a small role in influencing me to write that post.

Okay, Okay!  Venting my frustration had a large role in influencing me...

...Anyway, two of the most difficult jobs of being a "content provider," are gaining--and maintaining--readers' interest in my material.  There's a lot of shiny things dangling out there on the internet clamoring for everyone's attention, which means I'm facing a ginormous amount of competition. 

So if I don't post material on a regular basis, I run the risk of readers losing interest and going somewhere else.  Therefore, I felt an update on my webcomic was in order.

I'd also give a shout out to Mark of Plasq, the makers of Comic Life, the program I use for my webcomic.  He offered some timely and helpful suggestions.  Plasq also has the potential to retrieve lost data, provided you don't overwrite it using the same file name like I did.  If any of you are interested in developing a similar webcomic, I can't recommend Comic Life highly enough.

2 comments:

Tara Sheets said...

Looks like a very cool adventure! Polishing up and rewriting is crazy for me becuase I'm always discovering plot holes and issues I hadn't previously considered. I guess that's a good thing, but it sure takes a long time. Congratulations on being 20 pages in to your 37-page reconstruction of Chapter 4! I wish you nothing but smooth sailing ahead :)

Ted Henkle said...

Thank you Tara! The rewrite is turning out to be something of a blessing-in-disguise. I don't know if I would have discovered the plot holes otherwise. Good luck with your work-in-progress!