Monday, November 2, 2015

The Best Halloween Treat of 2015

(Image from:  Starbucks)
 
We thought we were prepared for the onslaught of trick-or-treaters this year. We had a Costco-sized bag of candy with nearly 170 name-brand chocolate treats in it.

And we ran out.
 
Part of this was due to the assumption we made that the bad weather we were experiencing would deter many of the trick-or-treaters (heavy rain, with flood watches and warnings in effect).  So instead of handing out one itsy-bitsy piece of candy, we handed out two.  But the trick-or-treaters kept knocking on our door and we were running out of candy--fast.
 
But even when I limited the candy give-away to one piece, we were still rapidly approaching candy bankruptcy.
 
After I handed out the last morsels, I resorted to handing out Starbucks cocoa packets, about 2 dozen of them by the time the last trick-or-treater knocked on our door.

And you know what?
 
The cocoa, which was the salted caramel flavor, turned out to be the most popular treat.

Kids would run back to their parents squealing in delight, "I GOT COCOA! I GOT COCOA!"

I'm guessing we had over 124 trick-or-treaters. My wife's daughter had 318 come to her door (she actually counted).
 
Maybe next year I'll just hand out cocoa packets.
 
(Image from:  News&Views)
 

No comments: