(Click on images to enlarge)
Star map of the Shannekam Subsector
Current as of: 035-130 ABY
Bordering the coreward edge of the Gulf of Tatooine, Shannekam is centered in the Arkanis Sector and named after its most populated planet. Of the 15 known systems comprising this subsector, only Bongolaan and Tatooine have been incorporated into the Fel Empire's Outer Rim. While Emperor Roan Fel may wish to extend his interstellar ambitions further into this volume of space, he is most likely preoccupied with consolidating his position at this time. Whether the fringe worlds of this subsector resist or acquiesce to any future advances by the Empire remains to be seen.
Beyond Imperial borders, the only coalition among the fringe worlds is the Merantis Agricultural Co-op (MERAGCO), which consist of the planets Mokar, Tarsus and Merantis; all within the Merantis Star Cluster. Beyond piracy suppression, there is no political-military alliance among MERAGCO worlds. However, this could change depending on how future relations with the Fel Empire unfold. As of now, the Tarsan-Bongolaanian Trade Dispute is limited to these two warring planets. This conflict is not expected to escalate beyond espionage, commerce raiding and sabotage operations.
Systems within the Shannekam Subsector:
1. Avastyn--an arid, poor, non-industrial planet with a Class C starport.
2. Mokar--a temperate, rich, agricultural and non-industrial planet with a Class B starport.
3. Banchu--an ice-capped planet with a Class C starport.
4. Tarsus--a temperate, agricultural and non-industrial planet with a Class B starport.
5. Merantis--a temperate, agricultural planet with a Class B starport.
6. Ku Crassus--an arid, industrial world with a Class B starport. This world's climate is a result of a meteor storm that devastated the planet nearly 150 years ago.
7. Zandamak--a temperate planet with a Class C starport.
8. Talchis--an arid, non-industrial planet with a Class C starport.
9. Gulnok--a temperate, non-industrial planet with a Class C starport.
10. Bowman--a sparsely populated asteroid belt with a Class D starport.
11. Bongolaan--a temperate, agricultural world; almost exclusively devoted to growing gabaki, has a Class B starport.
12. Tarknal--a temperate, rich, agricultural planet with a Class C starport.
13. Shanneka--a tropical, densly populated, non-agricultural planet with a Class A starport.
14. Tatooine--a desert world known throughout the galaxy as a "wretched hive of scum and villainy." Despite the heavy trading of illicit goods, Tatooine's numerous starports are categorized as Class D.
15. Zenya--a tropical, non-industrial planet with a Class B starport.
1 hex = 1 parsec, or lightyear.
Large yellow circle: Non-aligned fringe world.
Large red circle: Member world of the Fel Empire.
Half-moon symbol: System-wide asteroid field.
Small brown circle: Indicates the presence of a gas giant within the system.
Straight line (can be various colors): Indicates the path of a hyperlane or hyperspace run and holo-net communication system.
Red lettering: Indicates a desert world.
Highlighted lettering: Indicates a high population world of 1 billion inhabitants or more.
The Galactic Map:
The red circle on the map below illustrates where the Shannekam Subsector is located in relation to the rest of the galaxy. (Not to scale).
(Image from: Star Wars Insider: Issue #65)