Thursday, October 17, 2013

Navigating November

(Image:  "Bomber Girl")

When it comes to what's currently going on in the gaming, literary and entertainment realms; I admit I'm not the most timely blogger. But once every blue moon occassionally, I stumble across an event before it actually occurs and I can pass this news on to you.

In this case, there's actually a few upcoming happenings I happened to stumble across.

First, our regional gaming group, the Northwest Historical Miniature Gaming Society (NHMGS) will be hosting our annual game day at The Museum of Flight.

 
Then last weekend my friend Adrian told me about the Jet City Comic Show, which is to be held in Tacoma, instead of Seattle. 
 
 
And finally, today I received an online newsletter from the Pacific Northwest Writers Association (PNWA) inviting members to the Northwest Bookfest, at Northwest University in Kirkland.
 

Notice the "common theme?"
 
Yup.  They're all to be held on, or start on, the same day--November 2nd.
 
I'm not sure which segment of this "GameDay ShowFest" I'll go to.  Off-the-cuff, I'm inclined to attend the Jet City Comic Show, provided there'll be some workshops.  While the comic show and the game day sound like a whole lot of fun, I plan on resuming my webcomic, Breakout from Bongolaan and I want to learn how I can do better than what I'm doing now.
 
But with less than two weeks to go before show time, the Jet City website isn't listing any workshops yet.  So as a "Plan B" I'm scouring the Northwest Bookfest site to see if there's any seminars that tickle my fancy. 
 
Or maybe I'll stay home and work on my webcomic.  In anycase, these events are tame compared to:
 
Banging out 50k words during the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), otherwise known as "November" to non-writers.
 

 
You should finish your work-in-progress just in time to stretch and warm-up for the Seattle Marathon.  Just the thing to burn-up all those Thanksgiving calories.
 
If I've overlooked any impending November event, I'll try to write about it before Christmas.

No comments: