Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Best Form of Flattery



Wargamers love stealing...I mean copying...other people's ideas.

For instance, take a look at my Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy post from last year:


Now enjoy a lively tale of a "bug hunt" based on the movie--you guessed it--Aliens, brought to you by the Fawcett Avenue Conscripts:


Notice anything familiar?

I must admit, my cunning plan for building a "Sterilite Slum" wasn't original. 

I copied it from a wargamer who posted an after action review of his sci-fi wargame.  In his table top battle, he used unadorned Sterilite storage containers as buildings.  I'm afraid I can't remember who the artistic genius is, so I could give him due credit.  He may even be one of the guys on Fawcett Ave. 

Hmm. Or maybe Fawcett Ave guys, in turn, copied the idea from me? 

Oh well, regardless of who copied what from whom, inexpensive office supplies are an ever-popular source for a wargamer's construction projects. 

2 comments:

Rassilon said...

Ahhh!!! But they don't have your cool doors! :)

Ted Henkle said...

LOL!

Thanks! (Although I can't remember where I downloaded those from either).

Ted