Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Studio's "New" Miniature Display Cases

(A display case my wife found at a neighborhood garage sale)
I was hoping to get some gaming projects completed before I went back on duty.  Unfortunately, the amount of home projects and snow removal took up most of my time.

Despite my time constraints, I managed to organize my "new" miniatures into two of my "new" display cases.

Technically, the figures and the furniture aren't new, but they're new to me, or have been put to new use.

For the past year, I've been buying painted miniatures from fellow gamers in my area, especially my talented friend Dean, host of WAB Corner.

I've been wanting to post pictures of each new acquisition, but first things first, I needed a place to put them.

During the summer, my wife and I reorganized our DVD collection and assembled some wall-shelves we got from my friend Joe when he moved.  This freed-up a display case for my prized figures to reside in.

My wife bought the second display case, seen in the led photo, at a garage sale.

Once the necessary household chores were complete, I spent an afternoon sorting through figures and placing them in the cases.  A few figures will require some "super glue surgery" because I dropped them, or didn't pick them up properly.

Once I get some additional time off, I plan on doing a series of photo shoots to show off my new-found figures.

(This was formerly a CD/DVD display case)

2 comments:

DeanM said...

Very cool, Ted!

Ted Henkle said...

Thanks Dean! I'll get around to taking photos of the figures I got from you--eventually. :)