Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Watch Mojo's Top 10 Worst Movie Plot Twists



Plot twists are an awesome tool to keep your readers & viewers engaged in your story.

However, some plot twists fall flat.

Watch Mojo has come up with the Top 10 flat-line plot twists in movies.

After watching this video I'm thankful I haven't seen most of the films that "made the cut."  Especially The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 and Savages.

The climax to both movies turned out to be "it-was-all-a-dream" scene.

In the writer's workshops I've attended, I learned this was the #1 way to tick-off your readers & viewers.  I'm surprised the producers of Breaking Dawn and Savages thought the viewers would be okay with the "oh-never-mind-the-cool-finale-that-didn't-really-happen."

But then again, I never read either of the books the movies were based on.

While I hated the 2005 version of War of the Worlds, I'm more forgiving of the plot twist, because I did read the original source material (now 107 years old).

No comments: