Thursday, February 6, 2014

Celebrating the Seahawks!


I don't follow sports all that much.  I didn't even have a "Sports" label for this blog until today.  But ever since I was first stationed here in Washington State at the beginning of my military career, I've considered myself a fan of all of Seattle's teams.

Just not like any of these guys...



So even though this isn't a sports blog, the Seattle Seahawks victory over the Denver Broncos in last weekend's Superbowl, is impossible for me to ignore.



Especially when 700,000 "12th Man" fans attended yesterday's parade through downtown Seattle and city officials were expecting "only" 200--300,000 to show up.

Folks just didn't attend this historic event--they recorded it for posterity.

While I have little inclination to brave huge crowds and cold weather, I certainly hope for a repeat performance for the upcoming football season.

GO HAWKS!

2 comments:

DeanM said...

Ted:

I'm the same when it comes to sports - but who couldn't get hyped with the Seahawks this past season! And what a way to cap it off! My 16 year old was at the parade yesterday - let about 5:30am and didn't get home until about 6:00pm - took him about 4 hours to get on a bus to get to the car he went up on. Best, Dean

Ted Henkle said...

I'm still buzzed about the Seahawks too! It's still the #1 conversation at the gym. In fact the guys I know there also had teenage kids that attended the parade, left about the same time as your son did and returned about the same time. The commuter trains were also jammed. Take care Dean!