Saturday, October 18, 2014

GeekGirlCon 2014: Shopping Spree

(GGC Logo)

When I attended the very first GeekGirlCon (GGC), back in 2011, I was so busy attending panel discussion, minus having lunch with one of the panelists, I didn't get a chance to peruse any of the artist/vendor booths. 

This year, I made sure I allowed myself time to do some shopping.  

The first item on my list is my GGC 2-day pass: 


By the time I got around to registering on-line, all the single day passes were sold out.  Even though I had to work on Sunday, I still wanted to attend, so I bought a 2-day pass.  I figure the CCG staff could use the additional funds and they won't have to put up with an annoying attendee on Sunday.

The first item I bought was a lanyard from the Seattle Browncoats Charities.


I need a security badge at work and I figured I'm due for a new lanyard.  


By spending a couple extra buck I qualified for the BDH (Big Damn Hero) model.  

Every time I passed the Gem Games  booth, this diorama caught my eye:


The miniature is of Admiral Ackbar, so my fellow Star Wars fans should get the joke.  I figured this would look good somewhere on my desk.

One item that's been missing from my Studio is a wall clock.  My PC is turned off as much as it's on and when I'm home, I usually take my watch off.  During such moments, I have to go to another room to find out what time it is.

So when I came across this at the Fantasium Comic booth...


...I had to have it.

Desire for it must have been obvious.  When one of young ladies attending the booth spotted me she said:
You want that clock don't you?

I told her I did, but I asked her to hold it for me, because I was on my way to the last panel discussion I planned on attending.

After the seminar ended, I went back to the booth, bought the clock and left GGC 2014.

I did buy several additional items, but they're gifts and I don't want to spoil the surprise by exposing them in public.

No comments: