Monday, July 5, 2010

Timeless Confrontations


With two sections of my terraformed terrain boards complete, I thought I'd see how some of my 6mm figures looked on them. 

Pictured above are warbands of Normans and Saxons, on the near and far shore respectively, face-off against each other across a bridge. The figures, I believe, are from Heroics and Ros, which I bought in Germany back in the '90s.

The bridge is from JR Miniatures, while the thatched-roof hovels are cardboard models downloaded from Eric Hotz's Roman Seas

Skipping several centuries, pictured below, we find a column of American M4 Sherman tanks approaching a German defensive position:



The American tanks, German infantry and 8.8 cm FlaK gun are from GHQ; the cobblestone square is from JR Miniatures; while the burned-out buildings and the fortifications, are from Scott Washburn's Paper Terrain.  Below is a close-up of the advancing Sherman platoon:

A close-up of the town and defending German infantry:


While in the not-so distant future, a column of New Anglican Confederation (NAC) tanks attempt to secure a power plant currently defended by power-armored infantry and combat vehicles of the Neu Swabian League (NSL):

The miniature tanks and infantry are from Ground Zero Games:


The power plant is from JR Miniatures, while the bridge, used in both the WWII and sci-fi pictures is scratch built:


This terrain board was a little "too green" for me to pose my Arab & Israeli tanks, while my Greeks & Persians, along with my fantasy figures, have yet to be painted. Despite these historical and a-historical gaps, one can still see that some thing never change...

3 comments:

DeanM said...

Ted:

Wow! That board is looking great. The river is very nice too. You've really improved upon the original. Speaking of Roman Seas, Adrian & I will be fleshing out the rules today (Thursday, 7/8/10) at my place. Once we have it down a bit, we'll surely send out the invite for a game. Dean

Ted Henkle said...

Thanks Dean! I've been wanting to play RS, but Eric Hotz's game was always a "sell-out performance" during Enfilade. Although, this year he didn't make it, which was a bummer.

Ted

DeanM said...

Ted:

Adrian & I fleshed out the rules today - I think we got most of the basics down. Right now I only have the smaller 72 X 45" mat; so fielding larger fleets in 6mm (1/300th) gets very cramped. We think it should work good for 1/1200th scale. Anyway, I'll let you know in advance the next time we play it. Regards, Dean