Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Video: Enfilade 2017--Land Battle Games on Saturday Night





It's been several months since I produced a YouTube video.  In fact, the last three were about different segments of Enfilade 2016.

During last year's convention, I spent the entire event as the "official" photographer.  Most of the 754 usable pictures made their way to newsletters, the evolving Planned Events List (PEL) for Enfilade 2017, and my own webcomic strips.

This year, I only attended two game periods, Blocks E & F, which took place on Saturday night (7-11 PM) and Sunday (10 AM--2 PM).

Since I had to work on Saturday, I had enough time to zip down to the main game room and take 126 usable pictures.

The topic of this video is the historical land-battle games played during Time Period F, on Saturday night (27 May 2017).

Games involving other aspects of warfare, such as areal and naval battles, along with non-historical sci-fi and fantasy games were also played.

Unfortunately--for now--those games are "on the cutting room floor."  I made this "Director's Decision" because I wanted to fit the pictures in with the three-minute sound track I selected.

If I find a suitable piece of music for the handful of other pictures I took, I'll splice together another movie.

As to the one naval game I played during Block F, that will be an After Action Review for a later blogpost.

In the meantime I hope you enjoy this video.

2 comments:

William Stewart said...

Thanks for taking the time to photograph and edit this video. The sound track was a nice touch.

Ted Henkle said...

You're welcome! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment.