Sunday, April 21, 2013

Noteworthy Blog #4: Lord Ashram's House of War

(Image:  Lord Ashram's Game Room)
 
Comics and wargaming seem to go hand-in-hand.  I read comics when I was a "tweenager" and re-discovered graphic novels about 15 years ago.  Upon reaching my teen years, my brother introduced me to wargaming and my interest in comics fell by the wayside for nearly 3 decades.
 
I've done no scientific polling, however, I've observed a lot of gamers also like comics and graphic novels. 
 
These two interests reached a convergence point when my friend Adrian introduced me to Comic Life a few years ago.  Since then, I've fallen in love with presenting After Action Reviews (AARs, also known as battle reports, or game reports) in a comic format. 

I'm not the only gamer who uses, or at least dabbles in, using a comic format for his AARs.  One such personage experimenting with the comic-gaming format is "Lord Ashram." 

I can't remember when I started following Lord Ashram's House of War, but I remember being attracted to the pictures of his elegant game room.

Yesterday, he posted what he said was his second comic style report of a session of X-Wing

But be forewarned:  This encounter "deviates from the Star Wars script!"

(Image from a Rogue Squadron Comic)

2 comments:

Jay Holmes said...

Hi. I war game for academic reasons but also as a hobby. I don't follow any comic books but I did as a child.

Your page is well done. have a great weekend.

Ted Henkle said...

Thanks Jay!