Friday, September 30, 2011

Jesse Joshua Watson on: Writing from the Drawing Board


In the on-line survey I received from PNWA, I voted Jesse Joshua Watson as the "Captain Jack Sparrow" of the conference.  Jesse's looks and mannerisms reminded me of Johnny Depp's famous character.

On a (somewhat) serious note, Jesse's workshop dealt with using an "illustrator's approach to narrative"  (PNWA Conference Booklet, pg 10). Jesse's utilized a slide-show featuring his artwork to illustrate how even a single picture can tell a story.

I wish I could say more on this subject, especially since I prefer working with visual media, such as graphic novels or YouTube movies.  Unfortunately, I enjoyed Jesse's presentation so much--that I forgot to take notes.

Despite my lack of material on this post, I recommend to anyone involved in art to attend any seminar hosted by Jack Jesse.

No comments: