Sunday, October 15, 2017

WAB Corner Collection Correction

(Image: Bavarian Infantry at Borodino by Alexandr Yezhov, found on Pintrest)
Okay, I know the title is a tongue-twister.

But alliterations aside, I received enough feedback from my previous post, that I needed to redeem myself among my fellow gamers thought a correction was in order.

Among my newfound collection of Napoleonic miniatures, I assumed the handful of miscellaneous troops were Austrian.

Some of them are, like the figures in the middle (maybe)...


...but not all of them.

For instance in the picture above, the figures in the yellow coats are from the Canton of Neuchatel, while the white coated figures on the opposite end are from the Kingdom of Italy.

[Update, 0930 hours, 15 October] Correction II:

The troops on the right end are, in-fact Austrian while the figures in the middle are their Hungarian comrades-in-arms.

As for this picture...


...I'm not sure who the mixed unit on the right belongs to, but several people reminded me the troops on the left are part of the Bavarian Army.

All of these are from Wargames Foundry Miniatures.


5 comments:

DeanM said...

Ted, the first photo has, from left to right: Neuchatel Bn, Hungarians in helmets and finally Austrians in shakos.

The second photo, left to right: Italians and on their right, Bavarians.

Ted Henkle said...

Ah! Thanks Dean! Maybe I'll get this right on the third go-around.

DeanM said...

Lol! No worries, Ted. Napoleonic uniforms are tailor made for debate - no pun intended! :)

Ted Henkle said...

LOL! I think the "tailor made for debate" comment is spot-on! :)

dasOlli said...

On the second picture the two minis in the rear rank on the left is an austrian officer and an austrian infanterist in shako. The others can be italians or french wearing the uniform blanc depends on the colors of the cocard. The others are bavarian regular infantry and the ones with the short rifles are jäger.